EnergyLab is hiring a Clean Energy and Mobility Engagement CoordinatorFull time Energy Lab Asia
Are you a Cambodian passionate about environmental change? Are you interested in new ideas, technology and how clean energy and electric transport can help green our economy? Do you like networking and engaging with people? Are you comfortable talking with government officials, engineers, students and development partners?
If yes, then please apply!
Energylab is seeking an enthusiastic, organised, flexible and adaptable Clean Energy and Mobility Engagement Coordinator eager to coordinate EnergyLab engagement activities to increase interest and understanding of clean energy in Cambodia, focusing on the number of people reached and depth of people’s engagement and understanding.
Responsibilities and Duties
Outreach and Sector Capacity Development
- Design, plan, co-ordinate and deliver EnergyLab outreach events that will engage a wide variety of audience and interest levels, including an electric mobility showcase, panel discussions, video modules and training sessions under the guidance of the Country Manager.
- Continuously build an understanding of the clean energy sector and the energy and mobility transition in the region and globally and as it applies in Cambodia and work with Communications Manager to communicate this.
- Maintain excellent communication with any participants, mentors, program partners, funders and continuously build a pool of mentors and inspiring speakers
- Recruit a network of Cambodians interested in understanding and promoting clean energy and mobility in Cambodia. Building on EnergyLab’s existing programs, establish and support a group of clean energy ‘enthusiasts’ or ambassadors who are deeply passionate about clean energy and mobility and sharing their knowledge.
Design and deliver engaging content to engage the variety of audiences about clean energy and mobility, including the presentation, guest speakers, activities to increase understanding and engagement.
Planning and Co-ordination
- Support the Country Manager in management and delivery of different activities including Building the Electric Mobility Ecosystem, Clean Energy Week and the Internship program.
- Support work plan development, budgeting, communications, reporting and translating
- Assist Communication Manager with promoting events, encouraging participation and overall engagement in Clean Energy
- Assist the Country Manager and team as needed
- Demonstrated interest to understand and engage in the clean energy and mobility transition
- Enthusiasm to support clean energy and mobility businesses in Cambodia
- University Degree (or equivalent) in engineering, education, economics, business, law, IR or management
- 2 years or more professional experience, including volunteer or internship experience
- Proven track record of giving presentations and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and networking skills in English and Khmer
- Experience in designing, co-ordinating and delivering training session (eg soft skills or technical skills)
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, people and time management skills
- Demonstrated skill in using online tools and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to work in a full-time job (Monday-Friday) and available for weekend events
- Passionate about clean energy and the progress of clean energy in Cambodia
- Extravert, proactive, positive, flexible and adaptable – no task is too small or too large and always happy to help the team
- Enjoys working with people, networking and building relationships
- Enjoys presenting and teaching large and small groups of people
- Curious and likes asking questions. Always looking to improve, learn and get the most out of opportunities
- Enjoys problem solving to get the most impact and best outcomes in creative ways
- Open to try new things and new ideas with a positive attitude
How to apply:
Send an email to Bridget at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV and a cover email outlining
- why you are interested in working with us!
- an example of an activity or project that shows you can do this job
- if your friend was describing you – what would they say about you? (2-3 sentences)
Closing Date 1st July – or until we find the person we’re looking for!