Director of Finance & AdministrationFull time Teach For Cambodia
The Director of Finance & Administration oversees all aspects of financial and administration activities. The DoFA will be tasked with expanding financial structures, accounting and control systems to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the organization. The DoFA will also be tasked with ensuring TFC’s internal systems and procedures evolve to support future growth and conduct flawless audits. This position is ideal for someone who is looking for an opportunity to take on a critical leadership role in a dynamic, evolving and fast-paced not-for-profit that aims to have a positive, long-term impact on public education in Cambodia.
The DoFA will lead all day-to-day finance operations and administration and manage a small team (Finance/Admin, IT, Research/Impact Evaluation hires pending), including functional responsibilities over accounting, grants management, budget development, forecasting and monitoring, reporting, taxes, payroll, and policies and procedures. The DoFA will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members and their team members on planning and analysis and to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, as well as grant proposal development, management and reporting. The DoFA reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be a member of the leadership team.
Key areas of responsibilities
Financial planning and analysis
- Develop and monitor budgets and forecasts. Lead Teach For Cambodia’s Senior Leadership Team in an annual budgeting and mid-year reforecasting process; administer and review all financial plans on a monthly basis and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate. Develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Partner with the SLT to align financial management with short- and long-term plans and projections and address all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the SLT based on financial analysis, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for funders, the Board of Directors, and key external constituents; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements for internal and external use.
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, auditors, etc.
Financial and accounting management
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures. Help ensure maintenance of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep SLT abreast of TFC’s financial status. Coordinate activities between development and finance.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for international and local governmental agencies, corporate and foundation grants.
- Oversee all audit activities. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Overall responsibility for administrative policies and procedures, compliance with respective ministries, monthly payroll and tax submissions, and office management and IT needs
Team Management & Collaborations
- Develop and manage direct staff (Finance/Admin, IT, Research/Impact Evaluation hires pending)
- Engage members of the SLT to facilitate cross-functional collaboration to ensure that all internal systems and processes support TFC’s strategy, operational delivery and data collection needs
- Hire and retain staff and external consultants/professionals as needed.
- Provide guidance on attracting and developing key staff for TFC.
How to apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: “Application: Director of Finance & Administration”.
- If shortlisted, we will contact you to set up an interview.