Do you want to design for the other 90%?
Who Can Apply: This position is open for Cambodian nationals only
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Deadline: June 30 or Until we find the right candidate
Start Date: As soon as possible
DESIGNING FOR THEOTHER 90%
Apple, IKEA, Google, Netflix… the list goes on.For those who get design right, the rewards are boundless. Successful companies in developed economies use innovation methodologies(HCD, Design Thinking, etc.) as a core business practice. But largely, innovation methodologies are used almost exclusively to create products and services for the richest 10% of the world.
But what if we could apply Design Thinking and HCD to problems that are of life and death importance? In a world where the broad recognition and language of design has permeated across almost every sphere of industry and business, we believe that a structured approach to design and innovation can energize developmental impact in the social sector.
iDESIGN is an Innovation Lab embedded within iDE’s country office in Cambodia with a mission to champion an integrated approach innovation to drive lasting impact for iDE’s multi-sectoral programs. We also function as a strategy and innovation consultancy with a portfolio of work with other developmental organizations such asCare International, Hellen Keller, USAID, UNICEF, etc.
Our work in the past has involved addressing a variety of challenges in areas of – clean water, access to toilets, agriculture, food security, nutrition, maternal and child health, garment factory worker conditions, gender, and wildlife conservation. Through our successes in multiple contexts, we have demonstrated the transformative power of our process, shaping the discourse on design in Cambodia.
We are in the business of driving lasting, impactful innovation for the world’s other 90% and we are looking for a world class expert in innovation to join our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team in Cambodia. IS THIS YOU?
WHAT WE’RELOOKING FOR
You will join a team of innovation experts with different backgrounds from around the world.You will be a key player in a team that will work together to design innovations for the rural poor.You will learn from the best (and teach them),and develop deep knowledge in innovation methodologies that is relatively new to Cambodia, but has been used for many years by successful innovation companies. Your work may include:
- Plan and conduct design research-Run co-creation workshops
- Build prototypes
- Run testing and validations-Some graphic design task
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Client meetings and presentations
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships
- Oversee simultaneous end to end projects
- A University Degree in Social Sciences/ Design /Business/ Management
- 3+ years of work experience in project management/ a similar capacity
- Prior experience (professional or academic)related with innovation / design process
- Knowledge about innovation methodologies asHCD, Design Thinking, Lean Start-up, Agile, etc.
- Prior Experience in design research
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical skills and interpersonal, communication skills
- Project Management expertise
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Fluency in English – written and spoken
- Adaptable, quick learner, and open to new ideas mindset
- Available to travel abroad for international projects
- A curious and provocative thinking being passionate about innovation and design
- Cultural Sensitivity and respect towards unfamiliar local contexts
Our intention is to pay our team a competitive salary benchmarked with market pay scales, and commensurate with experience. In addition, we will cover health insurance and visa allowance fees.
Don’t worry. We’re always on the lookout for unusual talent that helps us connect with the most relevant people and contexts. Send in a general application to email@example.com if you feel your skillsets and interests overlap with ours.
Professional Experience4 Years
Related Jobs (13)
Quality & Project Manager – Based in Phnom Penh (1 position) on April 29, 2018 Full Time
KOI The Café is looking for creative Graphic Designer on October 10, 2017 Full Time